Join us on a free and casual guided tour of a some Garden Walk Buffalo gardens!
A News Release from our cross-border friends at Garden Walk Buffalo
Posted June 7th, 2018 on Niagara At Large
We’ll visit a few select gardens in the Elmwood Village and Cottage District, as well as a couple public gardens. The tour will be a total of 8-10 moderately-paced miles on bike paths and bike lanes when possible.
Jim Charlier from Gardens Buffalo Niagara will be on this ride. It’s a good opportunity to find out more about Garden Walk Buffalo, other regional garden tours, the Garden Art Sale and the Tours of open Gardens on Thursdays and Fridays in July
Participation is free, no reservations are required, but you are required to have:
- A helmet
- A spare tire tube (Campus Wheelworks sells tire tubes if you need to purchase)
- Water for drinking
You will have to sign a waiver. If you’d like to print it out, sign it and bring it along Friday to save some time, you can find it here.
Reservations are not required, but a quick email to marketing@GardensBuffaloNiagara.com to let us know if you’re coming would help in the planning.
Just meet at Campus Wheelworks, 744 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, about 5:45 p.m. on Friday, June 8.
- About ten miles total
- Starting at Campus, we will visit a couple Lancaster Avenue gardens first.
- Then, West on Auburn Avenue, South on Richmond Avenue, southwest on Hampshire Street, we will take Hampshire Street all the way to Busti Avenue and jump on the bike path South on the bike path through Lasalle Park, all the way to the Erie Basin Marina to check out the test garden.
- Then, back up Franklin Street (past the city’s oldest tree) to North Street, west on North through Symphony Circle and merge onto Porter Avenue, north on 14th Street then northeast on York Street, which gets us right near a couple Summer Street and the 16th Street gardens.
- Get back to Richmond Avenue from Connecticut Street and north on Richmond Avenue to the last garden, on Richmond Avenue, then back to Campus Wheelworks on Elmwood.
For more information from Garden Walk Buffalo, including news about that great Garden Walk on the last full weekend of every July, click on – For more visit site at – http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1102000925651&ca=8e30d703-a401-4e23-8d22-d2c3aae1b84f
NIAGARA AT LARGE encourages you to join the conversation by sharing your views on this post in the space following the Bernie Sanders quote below.
A reminder that we only post comments by individuals who also share their first and last names.
For more news and commentary from Niagara At Large – an independent, alternative voice for our greater binational Niagara region – become a regular visitor and subscriber to NAL at www.niagaraatlarge.com .