Niagara At Large will either soar in cyberspace or fall on the strength of people willing to contribute content to this site for nothing more than the possibility that maybe – just maybe – we can provide a forum for the kind of informative and engaging news and analysis that has crashed and burned in too many of our chain-owned newspapers.
And when we say “for nothing,” we mean that everyone up to and including the publisher of Niagara At Large is launching this project for no monetary compensation whatsoever, but on a dream that maybe that will come someday if this site proves worthy enough to draw funding from people who believe in it.
Fortunately, there are already good people willing to contribute to Niagara At Large that are willing to accept those terms, and we thank them, in advance, for their passion in trying to get a truly independent news and commentary site for the greater Niagara region off the ground.
There may be more of you who would like to contribute and you can begin to do that by contacting Niagara At Large’s publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributing an article or commentary piece to Niagara At Large could mean anything from sharing the odd piece of news and commentary for the site to more regularly producing columns. You may be a young person who is still attending high school, college or university, looking for one more venue for communicating your generation’s concerns about your ups and downs, and concerns for the future. Or you may be someone who has lost a job or is a senior on a fixed income, or member of a not-for-profit organization working for the betterment of our binational Niagara/Buffalo region.
If you have news or viewpoints all of us in the greater Niagara region may benefit from, then this site may be one you agree we can all build on.
Doug Draper, publisher, Niagara At Large, email@example.com.
- Accept Free Audit from Auditor General, OPSEU tells NPCA
- Brock University hosts ‘Smashing’ Fundraiser for ‘Mothers Against Drunk Driving – MADD Canada
- Niagara and Hamilton Area MPPs Urge NPCA to Submit to an Audit from the Ontario Auditor General’s Office
- Niagara Citizen Sues NPCA and its Past Chair Bruce Timms for Defamation & Punitive Damages
- Another Small Step Toward Inter-Municipal Transit in Niagara, Ontario
- Ontario Minister to Niagara Falls Nature Club – Province is “committed to consersving natural heritage areas (and) significant wetlands.”
- Niagara Centre MP To Hold Smart Cities Consultation At Brock University
- NPCA Board Member ‘Outraged’ over Weekend Message from Board’s Chair
- International Joint Commission Hosts Public Meetings in St. Catharines/Niagara and Buffalo, New York on Great Lakes Water Quality
- Town of Pelham’s Financial Affairs Could Hurt Niagara Region’s Credit Rating, Port Colborne Regional Councillor Warns
- CAW 199 Niagara
- Eating Niagara
- Fading Into Myth – The Riverfalls Dialogues (home site for Niagara County, N.Y. area preservationist group)
- Garden Walk Buffalo – The largest event of its kind in North America
- Great Lakes United – A Buffalo-based, Canada-U.S. coalition for protecting the Great Lakes
- Niagara Action for Animals – an all-volunteer group dedicated to animal protection
- Niagara Center For Animal Rights Awareness
- Niagara Group of the Sierra Club
- Niagara Heritage
- Niagara Region
- Residents For Responsible Government
- The Brock Press
- The historic Old Sea Pines Inn on Cape Cod
- The Niagara Post
- Thorold Politics At Its Best – Keeping them honest