Niagara At Large will either soar in cyberspace or fall on the strength of people willing to contribute content to this site for nothing more than the possibility that maybe – just maybe – we can provide a forum for the kind of informative and engaging news and analysis that has crashed and burned in too many of our chain-owned newspapers.
And when we say “for nothing,” we mean that everyone up to and including the publisher of Niagara At Large is launching this project for no monetary compensation whatsoever, but on a dream that maybe that will come someday if this site proves worthy enough to draw funding from people who believe in it.
Fortunately, there are already good people willing to contribute to Niagara At Large that are willing to accept those terms, and we thank them, in advance, for their passion in trying to get a truly independent news and commentary site for the greater Niagara region off the ground.
There may be more of you who would like to contribute and you can begin to do that by contacting Niagara At Large’s publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributing an article or commentary piece to Niagara At Large could mean anything from sharing the odd piece of news and commentary for the site to more regularly producing columns. You may be a young person who is still attending high school, college or university, looking for one more venue for communicating your generation’s concerns about your ups and downs, and concerns for the future. Or you may be someone who has lost a job or is a senior on a fixed income, or member of a not-for-profit organization working for the betterment of our binational Niagara/Buffalo region.
If you have news or viewpoints all of us in the greater Niagara region may benefit from, then this site may be one you agree we can all build on.
Doug Draper, publisher, Niagara At Large, email@example.com.
- In the United States and Canada, Martin Luther King’s Dream Has Yet To Be Fully Realized
- Niagara’s NDP MPPs Urge Ontario Housing Minister to Offer Region’s Homelessness Services a Fair Deal
- Calling on You to Help Shape a Strategy to Improve Business in Thorold’s Downtown
- Whether or Not He ‘Deserved’ to Lose his Seat as NPCA’s Chair, David Bylsma Had To Go
- Ford Government Moving to “Exempt Projects” from Environmental Assessment Review
- 2019 Second Hottest Year on Record for our Planet, United Nations confirms
- Niagara’s Conservation Authority begins the New Year with a New CAO, a New Chair and a New Vice-Chair
- Brock U. To Join National Moment Of Silence For Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
- New Poll Finds Canadians Do Not Trust Nuclear Energy and Reactors
- Ford’s Tories Continue to Make Ontario’s Autistic Kids and Their Families Wait and Wait and Wait for the Help they so Urgently Need