Niagara At Large will either soar in cyberspace or fall on the strength of people willing to contribute content to this site for nothing more than the possibility that maybe – just maybe – we can provide a forum for the kind of informative and engaging news and analysis that has crashed and burned in too many of our chain-owned newspapers.
And when we say “for nothing,” we mean that everyone up to and including the publisher of Niagara At Large is launching this project for no monetary compensation whatsoever, but on a dream that maybe that will come someday if this site proves worthy enough to draw funding from people who believe in it.
Fortunately, there are already good people willing to contribute to Niagara At Large that are willing to accept those terms, and we thank them, in advance, for their passion in trying to get a truly independent news and commentary site for the greater Niagara region off the ground.
There may be more of you who would like to contribute and you can begin to do that by contacting Niagara At Large’s publisher at email@example.com.
Contributing an article or commentary piece to Niagara At Large could mean anything from sharing the odd piece of news and commentary for the site to more regularly producing columns. You may be a young person who is still attending high school, college or university, looking for one more venue for communicating your generation’s concerns about your ups and downs, and concerns for the future. Or you may be someone who has lost a job or is a senior on a fixed income, or member of a not-for-profit organization working for the betterment of our binational Niagara/Buffalo region.
If you have news or viewpoints all of us in the greater Niagara region may benefit from, then this site may be one you agree we can all build on.
Doug Draper, publisher, Niagara At Large, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As of this Saturday, April 4rth, Niagara is at 123 confirmed COVID-19 cases, Seven Deaths, and Counting!
- Ontario NDP Leader Urges Ford Government to Embrace a ‘Save Main Street Plan’
- Prime Minister Announces Support For Canada’s Food Banks And Local Food Organizations
- Ontario Government Takes Steps to Keep Food on the Table during COVID-19
- Ontario Could Still See Up To Fifteen Thousand COVIC-19 Deaths With Current Protective Measures in Place, Modelling Predicts
- Ontario Government Extends Business Closures to Stop Spread of COVID-19
- BREAKING NEWS – State of Emergency Declared in Niagara, Ontario
- Another Sign of These Perilous Times – All City of St. Catharines Parks and Beaches Closed Effective Immediately
- Niagara College Donates More Than 30,000 Personal Protective Items To Front-Line Healthcare
- Ontario’s Niagara Parks Closes Public Facilities, Outdoor Recreational Amenities Until Further Notice