This new natural gas station in Fort Erie “provides transport companies with cleaner options to move their goods – cutting costs, reducing pollution and improving productivity. – Niagara Centre MP Vance Badawey
News from Natural Resources Canada
Posted May 10th, 2019 on Niagara At Large
Canada’s climate plan is working for our planet, and it is working for Canadians. Electric and alternative fuel vehicles play a key role in our low-carbon future.
As Canadians continue to make greener choices, the Government of Canada is delivering more options for them to drive where they need to go, while reducing pollution.
Member of Parliament for Niagara Centre, Vance Badawey, on behalf of Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, today (this May 10th) announced the opening of a natural gas station in Fort Erie.
Natural Resources Canada is providing $1 million to Envoy Energy Fuels Inc. through its Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative<http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/alternative-fuels/fuel-facts/ecoenergy/18352>.
The funding is part of the government’s $182.5-million investment to develop a coast-to-coast fast-charging network for EVs, establish natural gas stations along key freight corridors and open hydrogen stations in metropolitan centres.
This investment will also ensure Canada-U.S. alignment of standards for low-carbon vehicles and refuelling infrastructure. Through Canada’s national energy dialogue, Generation Energy<https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/20093>,
Canadians made it clear that cleaner transportation options are a necessity for Canada’s low-carbon future.
The Government of Canada continues to support green infrastructure projects that will create good jobs, advance Canada’s green future, and help us reach our domestic and international climate targets.
“This station provides transport companies with cleaner options to move their goods – cutting costs, reducing pollution and improving productivity. Our government is giving Canadian businesses greener choices when it comes to transportation fuels and to clean energy in general.” – Vance Badawey, Member of Parliament for Niagara Centre
“I am thrilled that we are able to help Truk-King Logistics lower their greenhouse gas emissions and fuel costs. Compressed natural gas as a transportation fuel is currently the only commercially viable alternative fuel for Class-8 trucks.” – James Ro, President, Envoy Energy
- * Canada is one of the world’s largest producers of natural gas, which means less reliance on a foreign supply of energy while creating jobs and investment opportunities in Canada.
- * Compressed natural gas is one of the cleanest burning transportation fuels on the market today.
- * Compressed natural gas produces 20 to 30 percent fewer greenhouse gas emissions, and other contaminants are reduced by 95 percent at the tailpipe compared with diesel.
- * Through the Investing in Canada infrastructure plan, the Government of Canada is investing more than $180 billion over 12 years in public transit projects, green infrastructure, social infrastructure, trade and transportation routes and Canada’s rural and northern communities.
- * EVAFIDI Successful Applicants<https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/alternative-fuels/fuel-facts/ecoenergy/19464>
- * Electric Charging and Alternative Fuelling Stations Locator<https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/transportation/personal/20487#/find/nearest>
- * Investing in Canada Plan Project Map<http://www.infrastructure.gc.ca/map>
For more information from and about Natural Resources Canada, click on – <https://www.canada.ca/en/natural-resources-canada.html>
NIAGARA AT LARGE encourages you to join the conversation by sharing your views on this post in the space following the Bernie Sanders quote below.
A reminder that we only post comments by individuals who also share their first and last names.
For more news and commentary from Niagara At Large – an independent, alternative voice for our greater bi-national Niagara region – become a regular visitor and subscriber to NAL at http://www.niagaraatlarge.com .
“A politician thinks of the next election. A leader thinks of the next generation.” – Bernie Sanders