An Invite to All from the City of St. Catharines in Niagara, Ontario
Posted October 3rd, 2017 on Niagara At Large
Thanksgiving weekend offers one last long weekend to take a spin on the carousel at Lakeside Park or explore the historic grist mill at Decew Falls.
Residents can enjoy the Lakeside Park Carousel from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. this weekend. The carousel closes for the season at 6 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 9. Visit http://www.stcatharines.ca/Carousel for more information.
Tours of the grist mill at Morningstar Mill are available this weekend from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thanksgiving weekend will be the last weekend of tours for the season. Visit http://www.stcatharines.ca/MorningstarMill for more information.
The following City facilities will also be open as usual this weekend:
- – Garden City Golf Course will be open from 7 a.m. to dusk, weather permitting. Visit http://www.stcatharines.ca/Golf for more information and to book your tee time.
- – Visit the farm animals and explore the park at Happy Rolph’s Animal Farm from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Admission is free. The animals return to their winter home in mid-October, after Pumpkinville weekend.
- – St. Catharines Museum and Welland Canals Centre will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is by donation. Visit http://www.stcatharinesmuseum.com for more information.
The following City of St. Catharines facilities will be closed on Thanksgiving Monday:
- – City Hall
- – The Enterprise Centre
- – Victoria Lawn Cemetery administration office (visitation available dawn to dusk)
- – Parks, Recreation and Culture Services administration office
- – The St. Catharines Kiwanis Aquatics Centre
- – Seymour Hannah Sports and Entertainment Centre, Garden City Arena Complex and Bill Burgoyne Arena
- – Port Weller and Russell Avenue community centres
- – Dunlop Drive, Port Dalhousie and West St. Catharines older adult centres
To report fallen trees, blocked catch basins and sewer backups call 905.935.3813. Report power outages to Alectra Utilities (formerly Horizon) at 905.684.8111.
St. Catharines Transit will be operating on a holiday schedule on Thanksgiving Monday, Oct. 9. Transit returns to its regular schedule on Tuesday, Oct. 10.
Visit www.stcatharines.ca/Holiday for a full list of what’s open and what’s not.
NIAGARA AT LARGE encourages you to join the conversation by sharing your views on this post in the space below the Bernie quote.
A reminder that we only post comments by individuals who also share their first and last names.
For more news and commentary from Niagara At Large – an independent, alternative voice for our greater binational Niagara region – become a regular visitor and subscriber to NAL at www.niagaraatlarge.com .
“A politician thinks of the next election. A leader thinks of the next generation.” – Bernie Sanders