One of the Very Best Summer Events of the Year is Back – 2 Days, Saturday July 28th and Sunday July 29th – and it is still Free and Open to All
New from the organizers of Garden Walk Buffalo, one of North America’s largest and most popular celebrations of gardens in classic urban neighbourhoods
Posted July 23rd, 2018 on Niagara At Large
Buffalo, New York – Garden Walk Buffalo hosts the largest free garden tour in the country with 65,000+ visitors coming from all over the states, Canada, and even further abroad.
- A FREE self-guided tour, no tickets required, with nearly 400 urban gardens in beautiful, historic neighborhoods of the city Saturday and Sunday, July 28 & 29, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- A chance to see some of the most beautiful and creative urban gardens – water gardens, rock gardens, courtyards, perennial borders, and cottage gardens; anywhere in America
- FIVE FREE Shuttle Buses – Follow the orange line on the Garden Walk map for the continuous 30-minute loop, hop-on/hop-off shuttle route.
- Explore Buffalo docents will be available on all bus to offer commentary on historic sites and architectural landmarks along the route.
Map/Guides are available for free:
- Ahead of time, at select sponsor locations, or
- Online, visit http://www.GardenWalkBuffalo.com. (does not include garden descriptions).
During the event at one of the headquarters:
- Buffalo Seminary – 205 Bidwell Parkway
- Richmond Summer Senior Center – Richmond Ave & Summer St.
- Evergreen Health – 206 S. Elmwood Ave.
- 1st Presbyterian Church – 1 Symphony Circle
- West Side Community Center – 161 Vermont St.
Also, 2018 marks the fourth year of collaboration between the Buffalo Architecture Foundation (BAF) and Garden Walk.
As part of its Building Stories Program, Garden Walk Buffalo visitors will be able to read and see photos of select properties’ Building (or Garden) Story.
By scanning the QR Codes on the signage along the tour, visitors will gain an insiders perspective to these amazing and unique spaces.
The stories collected from Garden Walk Buffalo are available on the Buffalo Architecture Foundation website. Buildings Stories is a multi-media personal history project documenting and sharing profound individual experiences with architecture, construction, landscaping and planning.
Garden Walk Buffalo, the largest garden tour in the U.S., is held the last weekend of July each year. In 2018, the free event will be Saturday and Sunday, July 28 and 29, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This year, nearly 400 residences and businesses throughout the west side of Buffalo will open their creative urban gardens for tens of thousands of visitors from around the U.S., Canada, and abroad.
More information can also be found at www.GardenWalkBuffalo.com
NIAGARA AT LARGE encourages you to join the conversation by sharing your views on this post in the space following the Bernie Sanders quote below.
A reminder that we only post comments by individuals who also share their first and last names.
For more news and commentary from Niagara At Large – an independent, alternative voice for our greater bi-national Niagara region – become a regular visitor and subscriber to NAL at www.niagaraatlarge.com .