Ontario’s Niagara Parks Commission to Host Virtual Archaeology Speaker Series
* Three-part speaker series will explore Niagara’s incredible history revealed through local archaeological findings
* Virtual events will be held in April, May and June, with full details and tickets available at niagaraparks.com/archaeology
An Invite from Ontario’s Niagara Parks Commision
Posted April 6th, 2021 on Niagara At Large
Niagara Falls, Ontario – Niagara Parks will host a three-part virtual speaker series, Beneath the Surface: History through Archaeology, that will dig into Niagara’s history and trace some of its most fascinating stories revealed through archaeological findings.
The online events will be held on the third Wednesday of the month in April, May and June.
The series features a line-up of renowned archaeologists and historians, who will be presenting on their own remarkable findings related to Indigenous history in the area along with fascinating recent discoveries uncovered at the Old Fort Erie site.
* April 21: Jamie Jacobs, Seneca Decolonization through Archaeology
* May 19: Dr. Rob Macdonald & Dr. Martin Cooper, 13,000 Years of Indigenous Settlement in the Niagara Region
* June 23: Dr. John Triggs, 1764 Fort Erie
Additional event details and tickets are available at niagaraparks.com/archaeology
Tickets are $15 per event, with access to all three events available for $35, which also includes a season pass for admission to Old Fort Erie. All sessions will begin at 7:00pm.
For more information, click on – https://www.niagaraparks.com/events/event/beneath-the-surface/
NIAGARA AT LARGE Encourages You To Join The Conversation By Sharing Your Views On This Post In The Space Following The Bernie Sanders Quote Below.