*TODAY!* All-Day, Friday, May 1st, 2020
A Call-Out from the Ontario Health Coalition, a citizens organization advocating for quality public health care in Ontario
Posted May 1st, 2020 on Niagara At Large
Dear Fellow Ontarians
COVID-19 is spreading exponentially in Ontario’s long-term care homes. The homes already suffered critical staffing shortages and inadequate levels of care before COVID-19. Now the situation is an emergency.
The Ford government has made improvements to testing, and their recent announcement to improve wages for frontline workers was a huge step forward to improving long-term care for workers and residents. We need to make sure these wage increases become permanent and get Doug Ford to address other systemic issues in long-term care.
The conditions of care for our loved ones are the conditions of work for
the staff. We, the families, the residents, concerned community members, staff, health professionals, nurses, doctors, unions are speaking with one voice. We have a chance to make real progress now.
*HOW CAN YOU JOIN TODAY’S ONLINE DAY OF ACTION?*
– *Print the poster* available as a PDF by clicking on this link file:///C:/Users/owner/Desktop/OHC-Poster%2020200428.pdf –, and simply hold it up on a computer, tablet or other device.
– *Take a picture *of yourself with the poster.
– *On Friday, May 1, add a post with your photo* by clicking on the link here –<https://www.facebook.com/events/244816503381892/?active_tab=discussion> to the discussion tab on the Facebook event page with a comment and use the hashtag #FixLTCFord.
– Also post the picture on your Facebook page as well with the hashtag #FixLTCFord.
– To view all photos added to the Facebook event page, head to the Facebook event page, click on the discussion tab <https://www.facebook.com/events/244816503381892/?active_tab=discussion>, and scroll down to see the various people calling on the Premier to #FixLTCFord .
– You can also post to Instagram using the hashtag #FixLTCFord.
– Don’t forget to include the hashtag in all your posts #FixLTCFord so that we can count you as joining in the Day of Action.
– Not sure how to share your photo on social media? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a comment and we’ll share it for you!
– Share this message with everyone you know!
It takes just minutes to participate but can make all the difference for residents and workers in long-term care.
We are asking Doug Ford to:
- – Immediately improved access to PPE
- – Permanently improved wages + full time work
- – 4-hr minimum care standard
- – Better infection control
- – No more for-profit care
Invite your friends and family. Spread the word and let’s make senior carea priority well after the pandemic is over.
This event is organized by the Ontario Health Coalition and many community partners.
NIAGARA AT LARGE encourages you to join the conversation by sharing your views on this post in the space following the Bernie Sanders quote below.