Call for Entries is out now!
A News Release from the Organizers of Garden Walk Buffalo
Posted November 28th, 2017 on Niagara At Large
(A Brief Foreword Note from Niagara At Large publisher Doug Draper – If you are anything like me and you prefer spring and summer to the long, cold days of winter that are coming on, here is one way for at least one way at least those of us with artistic talent can find a little escape.
Garden Walk Buffalo is without doubt one of the annual highlights of summer in our greater Niagara region and the organizers of this popular event are already making their call on artists across the region for submissions of original artwork to promote the Garden Walk in 2018.
So here is the detailed information on submitting artwork, posted immediately below, along with some great information and a video on the Garden Walk. NAL is always pleased to help promote events like this, organized by dedicated community volunteers to make our towns and cities better places for all of us to live in.)
Buffalo, New York – Garden Walk Buffalo is looking for submissions of original artwork to promote the 2018 event, which will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 28 and 29, 2018. This is an opportunity to share your artwork with hundreds of local gardeners and thousands of visitors.
Garden Walk Buffalo, America’s largest garden tour, is one of Buffalo’s most anticipated summer events. It attracts thousands of visitors to Buffalo’s Westside to tour more than 400 creative urban gardens. Garden Walk Buffalo shatters expectations of Buffalo city living, it promotes neighborhood beautification, and instills community pride.
- A form of art is eligible: paintings in any medium, a photography, a drawings, or a mixed media. Your submission is limited to five entries.
- Keep artwork simple. It needs to reproduce well on a variety of materials and sold to promote Garden Walk Buffalo.
- Do not put any type/logos over the artwork. All details of the event will be added later.
- Artwork should be considered “wearable and saleable” for both men and women.
- Submit a digital file of your artwork, not to exceed 25MB. The preferred size of the file is 8×10 inches at 300dpi.
- Include a short biography of yourself and brief explanation on why your artwork would be particularly appropriate to Garden Walk Buffalo’s event.
- All use of the artwork will be at the discretion of Garden Walk Buffalo.
- Entries are due Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Email your entry to GardenWalkBuffalo@GardensBuffaloNiagara.com Please zip/compress large files. Include ART ENTRY in the subject line.
Garden Walk Buffalo, America’s largest garden tour, is held the last weekend of July each year. In 2018, the free event will be Saturday and Sunday, July 28 and 29, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. More than 400 residences and businesses throughout the west side of Buffalo open their creative urban gardens for tens of thousands of visitors from around the U.S., Canada, and abroad.
For more information, contact GardenWalkBuffalo@GardensBuffaloNiagara.com (716)247-5004
Some Great stuff and link to Garden Walk areas below – Read and see photos and videos on Buffalo Niagara’s gardens from attendees of the GWA | The Association of Garden Communicators’ 2017 Conference held in Buffalo
Gardens Buffalo Niagara | (716) 247-5004 firstname.lastname@example.org | GardensBuffaloNiagara.com
NIAGARA AT LARGE encourages you to join the conversation by sharing your views on this post in the space below the Bernie quote.
A reminder that we only post comments by individuals who also share their first and last names.
For more news and commentary from Niagara At Large – an independent, alternative voice for our greater binational Niagara region – become a regular visitor and subscriber to NAL at www.niagaraatlarge.com .