The Green Plan: New Solutions To Old Problems
A News Release from the Green Party of Ontario
Posted May 12th, 2022 on Niagara At Large
TORONTO — This May 12th, Leader Mike Schreiner launched The Green Plan: New solutions to old problems ahead of the June election.
“Our vision is for the Ontario we all want — caring, connected, and ready for the new climate economy,” Schreiner said at the announcement in Toronto alongside Deputy Leaders Dianne Saxe and Abhijeet Manay. “And with our full slate of strong, diverse candidates, we have the leadership ready to deliver on it.”
“We need new solutions to the decades-long problems that the old-line parties have simply failed to solve.”
The Green Plan includes 6 key priorities:
- Homes not highways
- Mental health is health
- New Climate Economy
- Respect for People and Workers
- Reinvest in health and education
- Protect nature
“The half measures of the other parties will only paper over the cracks in Ontario’s foundation,” Schreiner said. “We have to act now to tackle housing affordability, address the climate emergency and improve our health. We cannot afford to wait.”
Please find the full platform at: gpo.ca/platform
A Footnote from Doug Draper at Niagara At Large
Here is a brief excerpt from the Ontario Green Party Plan that deals with climate change –
We’re making Ontario a leader in the NEW CLIMATE ECONOMY by:
* ESTABLISHING A BLUEBELT to protect our lakes, wetlands and rivers from irresponsible development and poor land management. We need water in our lakes, not our basements.
* Supporting DEEP GREEN RETROFITS FOR YOUR HOME to save money on your energy bills and create thousands of good paying jobs.
* Launching an _ELECTRIC VEHICLE MANUFACTURING AND DRIVING STRATEGY_ for Ontario with a $10,000 consumer incentive for new vehicles and $1000 for e-bikes and used EVs.
NIAGARA AT LARGE Encourages You To Join The Conversation By Sharing Your Views On This Post In The Space Following The Bernie Sanders Quote Below.