A New Report Reveals That Canadians Pay Among The Highest Prices In The World For Cell And Internet Plans
A News Release from the Green Party of Canada
Posted August 14th, 2019 on Niagara At Large
Telecom giants like Bell and Rogers lobby the government and block competitors to reap huge profits, all at the expense of hard working Canadians.
It doesn’t have to be this way. We can break the vice-like grip Bell and Rogers have on our data — and STOP THEM FROM RIPPING US OFF. In the digital age, everyone needs access to an affordable cell phone.
THERE’S A GREEN PLAN FOR THAT –
Greens are committed to fair, affordable phone and internet bills. To ensure this important objective becomes our new reality, Greens will:
- * Mandate affordable cell phone plans
- * End the telecom monopoly that allows Bell and Rogers to rule the market
- * Promote healthy competition by allowing new Canadian companies to provide services
If you believe a country in the 21st century should have a plan for affordable cell and internet service for all Canadians, then pledge your support today.
In action and solidarity, Mithu Valika, Candidate for Oakville North Burlington, Green Party of Canada
THE GREEN PLAN FOR FAIR, AFFORDABLE CELL PHONE AND INTERNET SERVICES:
- * Allow new Canadian companies to provide cell and internet services
- * Push through reforms to Canadian laws and fees which make it easier for new companies to take on Bell and Rogers
- * Create a Universal Broadband Strategy that ensures high-speed internet across the country
- * Help build the next generation of high-speed internet to support our high-tech sector
For more information on the Green Party of Canada, click on – https://www.greenparty.ca/en .
NIAGARA AT LARGE encourages you to join the conversation by sharing your views on this post in the space following the bernie sanders quote below.
A reminder that we only post comments by individuals who also share their first and last names.
For more news and commentary from Niagara At Large – an independent, alternative voice for our greater bi-national niagara region – become a regular visitor and subscriber to NAL at www.niagaraatlarge.com .