Buses will be leaving Niagara at 9:00 a.m. at the Welland Market, 9:30 a.m. at the St. Catharines Go Bus Station ( Fairview Mall) and at 10:00 a.m. Grimsby go station ( Casablanca and South Service Road).
To Reserve a Seat on a Niagara bus heading to the Queen’s Park Rally, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A Call-Out to Every Citizen Across Ontario from the Ontario Health Coalition, a province-wide citizens organization advocating for quality, public health care for all
Posted April 29th, 2019 on Niagara At Large
Sixteen Reasons for You to be Part of the Rally
- Because Doug Ford made cuts to OHIP+ and families with sick children now need to seek private insurance and pay deductibles and co-payments on medications for their sick children.
- Because Doug Ford cut planned mental health funding by more than $330 million!
- Because Doug Ford canceled ALL new planned overdose prevention sites.
- Because Doug Ford cut over $700,000 in funding to the College of Midwives of Ontario. That’s money taken away from pregnant women and newborn babies.
- Because Doug Ford cut funding for the dementia strategy.
- Because Doug Ford let surge funding run out for hospital overcrowding. Surge beds are added to existing hospital beds to increase hospital beds during times when hospitals are overflowing, often during flu season, so that people don’t end up receiving medical care in hallways and washrooms. So much for ending hallway medicine!
- Because Doug Ford Cut and restructured autism funding allowing children > 6 only $5,000 a year in autism services. Intensive therapy can cost up to $80,000 a year.
- Because Doug Ford set overall health funding at less than the rate of inflation and population growth, let alone aging. This means service levels cannot keep up with population need. As inflation continues, the population grows and people get older that equals less health funding available per person. It’s a sneaky health care cut.
- Because Doug Ford set public hospital funding at less than the rate of inflation. This means real dollar (inflation adjusted dollar) funding cuts and serious service cuts. Another case of hiding serious health cuts. That’s less money for our overcrowded hospitals.
- Because Doug Ford cut provincial funding for public health by almost 1/3 (27%) and cut public health units from 35 to 10.
- Because Doug Ford introduced Bill 74 which gives sweeping new powers to the minster and Super Agency to force restructuring of virtually the entire health system.
- Because the municipalities revealed Doug Ford’s plan to cut and restructure ambulance services, down from 59 to 10.
- Because Doug Ford leaked document reveals plans to cut half a billion dollars in OHIP services. On the chopping block are sedation for colonoscopies, chronic pain management services and others. Plans are still secret but half a billion in cuts is going to seriously hurt!
- Because *NONE* of this was ever mentioned in the provincial election.
- Because our politicians cannot be allowed to pretend they are going to expand our hospitals, restore services and improve health care and then cut & privatize!
- Because these health services are *ours* and we won’t let them be taken away.
Rally April 30 at Noon – Queen’s Park Toronto
Join us at the Rally to Protect Public Health Care on April 30 @ 12 pm @ Queen’s Park <https://www.ontariohealthcoalition.ca/index.php/safeguard-health/>
More than ever we need your support for public health care! Click here to donate <http://www.ontariohealthcoalition.ca/index.php/donate-now/>.
*~ Protecting Public Medicare for All ~*
Ontario Health Coalition
For more information on the Coalition and its citizens advocacy work, click on –www.ontariohealthcoalition.ca
For a list of buses and contact information for all regions across Ontario
NIAGARA AT LARGE encourages you to join the conversation by sharing your views on this post in the space following the Bernie Sanders quote below.
A reminder that we only post comments by individuals who also share their first and last names.
For more news and commentary from Niagara At Large – an independent, alternative voice for our greater bi-national Niagara region – become a regular visitor and subscriber to NAL at www.niagaraatlarge.com .
“A politician thinks of the next election. A leader thinks of the next generation.” – Bernie Sanders