A News Release from the Campaign to Re-elect PC Party candidate Sam Oosterhoff in the Riding of Niagara West-Glanbrook
Posted June 4th, 2018 on Niagara At Large
Beamsville, Ontario –“It’s time to get back to basics, respect parents, and work with our teachers to ensure our kids have the skills they need to succeed,” reads the Ontario PC Election Platform.
An Ontario PC Government is committed to:
- 1. Create a 75% refundable tax credit for child care costs for children aged 0 – 15 and allow parents to choose what kind of child care is best for their kids;
- 2. Restore Ontario’s previous sex-ed curriculum until we can install a new one that is age appropriate and based on real consultation with parents;
- 3. Provide an additional $38 million in funding for all children with autism;
- 4. Uphold moratorium on school closures until the closure review process is reformed;
- 5. Scrap discovery math and inquiry-based learning in our classrooms and restore proven methods of teaching and make mathematics mandatory in teachers’ college programs;
- 6. Fix the current EQAO testing regime and implement a standardized testing program that works; and
- 7. Mandate universities to uphold free speech on campuses and in classrooms.
When asked at the first Leader’s Debate how many nurses or teachers he intends to fire, PC Leader Doug Ford clearly responded: “Not one single person is getting laid off under our administration… Not one single person will lose their job.”
“We are going to have a booming economy and we will need more nurses, more doctors and more teachers,” declared Ford in the last Leader’s Debate.
“Parents, students and teachers, have all been telling me that they want improvements in our education system,” said Sam Oosterhoff, Ontario PC Candidate for Niagara West. “The Ontario PC platform offers positive change in education, which respects families and teachers.”
The PC Platform is accessible at: https://www.ontariopc.ca/plan_for_the_people .
Please join the conversation by sharing your views on this post in the space following the Bernie Sanders quote below.
A reminder that we only post comments by individuals who also share their first and last names.
For more news and commentary from Niagara At Large – an independent, alternative voice for our greater binational Niagara region – become a regular visitor and subscriber to NAL at www.niagaraatlarge.com .