– Join the ‘People’s Climate March in Buffalo, New York, Saturday, April 29th, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. – Details Lower Down
Posted by Niagara At Large publisher Doug Draper, April 28th, 2017
Join the People’s Climate March Buffalo on Saturday, April 29th, 2017 starting at 1:30 p.m. at 1 Niagara Square in downtown Buffalo, New York near the City Hall and heading to CanalSide where it will wrap up at3:30 p.m.
WE RESIST! WE BUILD! WE RISE!
The new administration has attacked the hard-won freedoms and rights of the American people as well as the protections of our health and the health of our planet.
On the 100th Day of the Trump Administration, WE WILL BE MARCHING IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE PEOPLE’S CLIMATE MOVEMENT IN D.C.* FROM NIAGARA SQUARE TO CANALSIDE in Buffalo to show our leaders and the world that we will resist attacks on our people, our communities, and our planet.
- In this solidarity we will march to:
* Advance solutions to the climate crisis rooted in racial, social and economic justice, and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
* Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
* Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, indigenous and tribal people and lands and workers.
* Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
* Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all, not an economy that feeds the machinery of war.
* Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.
here will be speakers and music at this event, too.
Note: There will be speakers and music at this event, too. You are encouraged to bring signs, banners or displays that promote the causes you are most passionate about and let your voices be heard. STAND UP FOR SOCIAL, ECONOMIC, AND ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE!
* This event is also known as the People’s Climate March, People’s Climate Movement.
NIAGARA AT LARGE encourages you to join the conversation by sharing your views on this post in the space below the Bernie quote.
A reminder that we only post comments by individuals who also share their first and last names.
For more news and commentary from Niagara At Large – an independent, alternative voice for our greater binational Niagara region – become a regular visitor and subscriber to NAL at www.niagaraatlarge.com .
“A politician thinks of the next election. A leader thinks of the next generation.” – Bernie Sanders