Niagara At Large will either soar in cyberspace or fall on the strength of people willing to contribute content to this site for nothing more than the possibility that maybe – just maybe – we can provide a forum for the kind of informative and engaging news and analysis that has crashed and burned in too many of our chain-owned newspapers.
And when we say “for nothing,” we mean that everyone up to and including the publisher of Niagara At Large is launching this project for no monetary compensation whatsoever, but on a dream that maybe that will come someday if this site proves worthy enough to draw funding from people who believe in it.
Fortunately, there are already good people willing to contribute to Niagara At Large that are willing to accept those terms, and we thank them, in advance, for their passion in trying to get a truly independent news and commentary site for the greater Niagara region off the ground.
There may be more of you who would like to contribute and you can begin to do that by contacting Niagara At Large’s publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributing an article or commentary piece to Niagara At Large could mean anything from sharing the odd piece of news and commentary for the site to more regularly producing columns. You may be a young person who is still attending high school, college or university, looking for one more venue for communicating your generation’s concerns about your ups and downs, and concerns for the future. Or you may be someone who has lost a job or is a senior on a fixed income, or member of a not-for-profit organization working for the betterment of our binational Niagara/Buffalo region.
If you have news or viewpoints all of us in the greater Niagara region may benefit from, then this site may be one you agree we can all build on.
Doug Draper, publisher, Niagara At Large, email@example.com.
- A Message to We Humans from Niagara’s Gunned Down White Wolf
- Niagara Police Gun Down Arctic Wolf in Port Colborne
- “May You All F—K Off and Die, “Says Anonymous Email to West Lincoln Councilors
- Niagara, Ontario’s Hospitals Are Facing “Serious” Healthcare Shortages
- Ontario Election’s Over So Why Should Ford & Company Care About Our Hospital Crisis
- Police Investigating Damage to Canada Summer Games Mountain Bike Course in St. Catharines
- You Are Invited to a Traditional Asian Water Lantern Ceremony in Welland’s Chippawa Park
- This August 1st Is Emancipation Day in Canada
- On Climate Change, Our Only Choice Left is Between ‘Collective Action and Collective Suicide’
- Ontario ERs Facing Closure Due To Longstanding Nursing Issues- Brock Expert