Rally to Take Place this Thursday, November 24th from 9 to 10 A.M., Just Before the Inaugural Meeting of the New Niagara Regional Council
Read Details Immediately Below
Posted November 22nd, 2022 on Niagara At Large
The following has been circulated by the Biodiversity and Climate Action Committee of Niagara, a region-wide coalition of individuals and citizen groups dedicated to protecting and preserving or natural heritage –
You turn off Isaac Brock Way onto Schmon Parkway and then turn right intothe parking lot behind the building. The East entrance is on the parkinglot side of the building. That’s where we will meet.
We will welcome new and re-elected Mayors and Regional Councillors andremind them that:
* We want them to stand up to the Ford government which is defying good planning and citizens’ rights to be involved in the planning of our communities.
* We care about protecting the Greenbelt, Natural Heritage Systems & Conservation Areas;
* We are deeply concerned about the climate crisis and we want to see action on reducing regional greenhouse gas emissions including by limiting sprawl;
* We expect sound urban planning that concentrates on developing new housing on already designated land within existing urban boundaries;
* We want to see more affordable housing built and incentivized within our urban areas where transportation, infrastructure and amenities exist;
* We want more park land not less.
This November 22nd at 12 noon, following a brief summary of the daily news, CBC Radio Noon – 99.1 FM on your radio dial 0 – will host a one-hour phone in on the Ford government’s controversial plans to allow urban sprawl on our Greenbelt. PLEASE TUNE IN.
NIAGARA AT LARGE Encourages You To Join The Conversation By Sharing Your Views On This Post In The Space Following The Bernie Sanders Quote Below.